Re: Technical support

From: Pierrick Bouvier
Subject: Re: Technical support
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 09:19:29 +0400

On 3/24/24 22:45, Luca Vajen wrote:
Hello,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for help. I guess in the worst case you might get a laugh out of this. There's an old game I would like to play again and someone made a ready-to-play version using QEMU. See the corresponding link onĀ https://werbespiel.blogspot.com/2010/07/tony-friends-new-adventures.html . That itself is handy, but the game runs too fast on my PC and I don't know how to slow it down. I didn't find an answer anywhere how to limit the speed. Does someone have an idea?
Kind regards
Luca

Hi Luca,

not sure which issue you have with QEMU, but I've been able to run it from Linux by using wine with those instructions: - Download "original version" from the link you mentioned (*not* ready to play)
- convert bin/cue to iso with: iat TONY2.bin TONY2.iso
- 7z x TONY2.iso
- rm -rf ~/.wine
- env WINEARCH=win32 winecfg
  - Applications -> Windows version -> Windows 95
- wine SETUP.exe
- cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Kellogg\'s/
- wine tony2.exe

Have fun!
Pierrick