[Qemu-discuss] Please Help! qemu build error (/usr/bin/ld: -f may not be

From: Chan Kim
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Please Help! qemu build error (/usr/bin/ld: -f may not be used without -shared)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 12:10:52 +0000

Hi, qemu users,

I used to build qemu  ( a couple of device models added) many times last year
and
I remember I've built it several times since I upgraded to CentOS 6.6 end of
last year.

But I'm seeing this error when I build it now. I use this procedure
  $ make distclean
  $ make clean
  $ ./configure --target-list=sparc-softmmu --prefix=/opt/snakede
--enable-debug --disable-pie
  $ make
  $ make install

when I run 'make', I get
$make
...(many lines from make)...
lt LINK vscclient
/usr/bin/ld: -f may not be used without -shared
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [vscclient] Error 1
$

If I remove --disable-pie,  I don't see make error. But to use debugger, I
believe I need that option.
(I've added that option before for using debugger)

I've searched the net but no clues.. Could anybody give me a clue? Any help
would be much appreciated.
I use CentOS 6.6 x86_64.
Best regards,

Chan