Re: [Qemu-discuss] how to disable VNC in qemu?

From: dE
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] how to disable VNC in qemu?
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 20:46:21 +0530

On 10/01/13 14:59, chronodekar wrote:
Thank you for replying dE.

I tried using gtk as below and get the following error,

> ./qemu-1.6.0/arm-softmmu/qemu-system-arm -M versatilepb -gtk -m 128M -kernel linux-3.11.2/arch/arm/boot/uImage
qemu-system-arm: -gtk: invalid option

Using curses like this,

./qemu-1.6.0/arm-softmmu/qemu-system-arm -M versatilepb -curses -m 128M -kernel linux-3.11.2/arch/arm/boot/uImage

Just makes my terminal window go blank and I don't see anything. My host system is ubuntu 12.04 (64-bit) 4GB RAM. I can understand if the simulation (or emulation?) is slow, but for nothing to appear for about 30 seconds makes me think something is wrong (I killed the qemu-system-arm process from another terminal window after that time period). Or should I wait longer?

As for not using the ubuntu package manager, I want to eventually try adding my own custom board to qemu - which means that I'd better start getting used to compiling the code. Note; I don't have any hardware and am using this as a way to learn more about ARM systems.

Off-topic: Do I use "reply-to-all" when responding or only reply to "qemu-discuss[at]nongnu.org" ? (am new to mailing lists)

-chronodekar

The system that you're starting has menus in it, so that cant be displayed in ncurses mode. Try -sdl.

In x86 virtulization, we have these modes (-gtk, -sdl). There's no reason why they should not be available on other archs.

While compiling, check to see if youv'e enabled support for gtk and sdl (we do have these options according to Gentoo package manager).