[Qemu-discuss] FW: How to setup qemu as a server with different subdomai

From: Allen Choong
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] FW: How to setup qemu as a server with different subdomain on a host server?
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:19:00 +0800

I am trying to solve a problem, with a Linux server work as host, while qemu guest will have another server intended for subdomain.
I tried to make the host to access the guest server. And I read that this can be done through bridge. But I am concerning that the bridge only works with the wired interface, because I wish to make the guest server accessed by any connection to the host server.

To simplify, I wish to setup my host server which contains the guest server as a subdomain, and the server can be accessed by other computers.

I have tried to use qemu with "redir" options, but it doesn't work with "-net user". I tried with redirection because I think I can use Apache to create the subdomain with different port.

Is there any solution?

(Besides that, I have a very poor knowledge about the networking especially bridge, tap, tun, and vlan.)