[Qemu-discuss] Working big endian linux-user emulation?

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Working big endian linux-user emulation?
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 11:41:16 +1000

Hi all,

Is there a working big endian linux-user emulation?

For example, for armhf (little endian) I can do:

    host$ mkdir armhf
    host$ sudo debootstrap --arch=armhf --foreign wheezy armhf
http://ftp.debian.org/debian
    host$ sudo cp /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static armhf/usr/bin/
    host$ LANG=C sudo chroot powerpc /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static -cpu cortex-a9
/bin/bash

and end up in a fully working armhf chroot.

I've tried the same for ppc, sparc and mips and all three failed
with different problems.

Anyone know of a working big endian linux emulation?

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/