qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 19/54] acpi: pc: isa bridge: use AcpiDevAmlIf interface to bui

From: Fiona Ebner
Subject: Re: [PULL 19/54] acpi: pc: isa bridge: use AcpiDevAmlIf interface to build ISA device descriptors
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 14:09:58 +0200

Am 13.04.23 um 13:46 schrieb Mike Maslenkin:
> Sorry for the noise, but just curious, how did you shutdown Windows?
> Did you use 'shutdown /s' or just press power button?
> Could it be that Windows was actually hibernated.
> So, when you try to boot it on the new (old) QEMU version with changed
> PCI topology, this could make it upset.
> I observed similar behaviour in case of Windows for ARM, but there was
> true GSOD afterwards.
> When windows is starting again its hibernated state dropped and all goes fine.
>
> Best Regards,
> Mike

I think I either pressed the shutdown button in our UI, which sends
system_powerdown via QMP or via "Shut down" in the Windows start menu.
Hibernation is surely something I need to consider (next time), so thank
you for the hint, but if it were that, I'd be surprised at why it got
stuck even with QEMU 6.2.0 today.

If I try "shutdown /h" explicitly, I get "The request is not
supported.(50)".

Best Regards,
Fiona