qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 19/54] acpi: pc: isa bridge: use AcpiDevAmlIf interface to bui

From: Mike Maslenkin
Subject: Re: [PULL 19/54] acpi: pc: isa bridge: use AcpiDevAmlIf interface to build ISA device descriptors
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 14:46:23 +0300

Sorry for the noise, but just curious, how did you shutdown Windows?
Did you use 'shutdown /s' or just press power button?
Could it be that Windows was actually hibernated.
So, when you try to boot it on the new (old) QEMU version with changed
PCI topology, this could make it upset.
I observed similar behaviour in case of Windows for ARM, but there was
true GSOD afterwards.
When windows is starting again its hibernated state dropped and all goes fine.

Best Regards,
Mike