qemu-devel

Re: QEMU stable 7.2.1

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: QEMU stable 7.2.1
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 17:16:33 +0300

05.04.2023 16:58, Michael Roth wrote:
On Wed, Apr 05, 2023 at 02:54:47PM +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:
So let it be, with a delay of about a week.

Since no one from the qemu team replied to my final-release steps, I'm
making it available on my site instead:

   http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/qemu/qemu-7.2.1.tar.xz
   http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/qemu/qemu-7.2.1.tar.xz.sig - signed with my GPG key
   http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/qemu/qemu-7.2.1.diff - whole difference from 7.2.0.

The tag (v7.2.1) is in the main qemu repository.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for handling this release!

Somehow I missed your final steps email, but for future releases I would
recommend going ahead and tagging your release (also signed with your GPG
key) in your local tree once you've got everything ready, and then sending
me an email to directly so I can push that to gitlab and then handle
creating the tarball and publish it with my GPG key. That's basically what
we do for the normal QEMU releases as well.

Then once you get your accounts set up by gitlab/qemu.org admins you can
handle the tag-pushing/tarball-uploading on your end. Would be good to
have someone else involved with that process so we have some redundancy
just in case.

Thank you for the reply!

I'm not sure I follow you here. I already pushed v7.2.1 tag and stable-7.2
branch to gitlab/qemu. The branch has been there for quite some time.

Should I avoid tagging/pushing for the future or is it okay to do that?

For the tarballs, it's definitely better to follow the established practice,
I published the generated tarball on my site just as a last-resort, so that
it ends up *somewhere*. It should be prepared the same way as other releases
has been made, including the .bz2 version.

If that's okay with you, feel free to re-create the tarball from v7.2.1
tag, and compress the tarball with whatever compressors usually used by
the qemu team.  It's the way to go.

Thanks,

/mjt