qemu-devel

Re: [edk2-devel] On integrating LoongArch EDK2 firmware into QEMU build

From: Michael Brown
Subject: Re: [edk2-devel] On integrating LoongArch EDK2 firmware into QEMU build process
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 10:29:52 +0000

On 03/04/2023 11:13, Chao Li wrote:
This problem is because the gcc-12 does not yet to support the option 'mno-explicit-reloc', this option is used to open the new reloaction type for LoongArch, this new feature is very important for LoongArch, because it can reduce the binary size and improve code execution efficiency, so we turn it on when submitting the code to the EDK2 repo.

Is it possible to produce a _functional_ LoongArch64 EDK2 binary without this option, even if the resulting binary is less efficient?

(I'm the person who updated Fedora's binutils and cross-gcc packages to ensure that LoongArch64 was supported in Fedora 38, and this -mno-explicit-relocs issue is also currently blocking me from merging LoongArch64 support into iPXE.)

Thanks,

Michael