qemu-devel

Re: does drive_get_next(IF_NONE) make sense?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: does drive_get_next(IF_NONE) make sense?
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 13:20:49 +0000

On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 at 13:04, Alistair Francis <alistair23@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 2:10 AM Thomas Huth <thuth@redhat.com> wrote:
> > What kind of device is that OTP exactly? If it is some kind of non-serial
> > flash device, maybe you could simply use IF_PFLASH instead?
>
> It just says "one time programmable memory". I'm guessing it's
> sometype of eFuse.

We used IF_PFLASH for the Xilinx efuse devices we recently added.
So we should probably use that for consistency, unless we want
to instead say that efuses should be something other than IF_PFLASH.

Either way it's a compatibility break for command lines, so we
should probably try to have only one rather than two :-)

-- PMM