qemu-devel

Re: Regressions in build process introduced since August

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: Regressions in build process introduced since August
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 19:17:39 +0100

Am 23.11.20 um 17:20 schrieb Paolo Bonzini:

On 23/11/20 16:41, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
Relying on pkg-config should be our strong preference. I expect we're doing the old fashioned library check just for historical reasons, but even RHEL-7 supports pkg-config for libjpeg. So I think we're safe to just unconditionally rely on pkg-config these days and thus have it "just work" for cross compiles
too.

For that matter I think we can also rely on  pkg-config for sasl too, as
again all our supported platforms have a new enough cyrus-sasl to have
a pkg-config file present these days.

Yes, I agree.  However we have at least -lmpathpersist that does not have a pkg-config file.  In the meanwhile I'll integrate Stefan's patch.  Stefan, is libjpeg the only one that is affected in your build environment?

Paolo

Yes, as far as I see currently only libjpeg is affected.

Thanks,
Stefan