qemu-devel

Re: Separate notifications from list messages?

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: Separate notifications from list messages?
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 12:24:54 +0300

> On 10 Jul 2020, at 11:54, Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> This wasn't a mistake - it was very delibrate, precisely so that all
> involved in QEMU development will see the failures, instead of expecting
> a handful of people to take all the work of dealing with failures. In
> general anyone who's a regular contributor has a shared responsibility
> to help keep QEMU building reliably.

Yes, sure, but the typical workflow allows anyone to submit contributions,
these contributions are automatically checked by CI, and if they pass, someone
with administrative rights merges them into the repo.

Thus the main responsibility for dealing with failures goes to the contributor,
there is little the community can do to fix the failures.

---

Anyway, do as you like; I already added filters in the mail server to remove
those messages.

Regards,

Liviu