qemu-devel

Re: gdbstub.c CPU clusters not handled for ThreadInfo packets

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: gdbstub.c CPU clusters not handled for ThreadInfo packets
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 17:44:17 +0100

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 17:25, Fabien Chouteau <chouteau@adacore.com> wrote:
> Using the sifive_u machine on qemu-system-riscv64 which has 2 clusters of 1
> and 4 CPUs respectively, when I use the "info threads" command in GDB only
> one thread is displayed.
> This thread is the only CPU of the 1st cluster, the CPUs of cluster 2nd are
> not listed at all.

By default gdb does not attach to all clusters (this is IIRC something
that can't
be influenced on the QEMU end); are you explicitly asking it to attach to the
second cluster?

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2020-01/msg07035.html
is a mailing list post from January which gives the gdb commands which
ought to cause it to attach to the second cluster on this machine.

thanks
-- PMM