qemu-devel

Re: gdbstub.c CPU clusters not handled for ThreadInfo packets

From: Fabien Chouteau
Subject: Re: gdbstub.c CPU clusters not handled for ThreadInfo packets
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 19:19:35 +0200

Thank you Peter,

Le mar. 2 juin 2020 à 18:44, Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> a écrit :

> By default gdb does not attach to all clusters (this is IIRC something
> that can't
> be influenced on the QEMU end);

You mean I cannot have QEMU attach all clusters by default?

> are you explicitly asking it to attach to the second cluster?

So far the behavior that we had was to see all the CPUs without asking
explicitly.
I want to go back to that behavior because the current situation is a
huge drawback for our users.

> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2020-01/msg07035.html
> is a mailing list post from January which gives the gdb commands which
> ought to cause it to attach to the second cluster on this machine.

The commands:
        target extended-remote :1234
        add-inferior
        inferior 2
        attach 2
        set schedule-multiple
        info threads

Do not work for me, "attach 2" in GDB asks me to kill the debugged program.

Thanks for your help,