qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Pipe key broken on US keyboards

From: Phillip Susi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Pipe key broken on US keyboards
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 11:16:29 -0400

On 8/17/2018 11:05 AM, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> Reading again, this is a bit odd. On most keyboards, holding down shift
> key generally would NOT change the scan code that is reported (there are a

Right; a real keyboard won't change the scan code, but it seems that
European keyboards have this extra key that can also produce a |, so
when qemu gets the key code for |, it has to pick one scan code or the
other to translate the | into, and it picks the wrong one.

Looking at the code it looks like qemu has its own qcode set and
translates between that and all of these other sets.  I'm guessing
either input-keymap-linux-to-qcode.c or input-keymap-x11-to-qcode.c is
where the error is, but these do not exist so I guess they must be auto
generated somehow by the build process?

Actually, which one of those code sets is vnc using?