qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Questions regarding emulated UART in VersatilePB board

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Questions regarding emulated UART in VersatilePB board
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 13:18:08 +0100

On 6 September 2017 at 13:12, Ramy Sameh <address@hidden> wrote:
> Do the emulated baud rate registers have any effect? (I think they would
> have no effect, because there is no real clock that can be used to produce
> the baud rate).

No, they don't have any effect. (In this UART model we don't implement
the feature that you can connect a guest serial port to a host serial
port and have the guest baud rate etc settings propagate through.
We do that in other UART models and maybe one day we'll add it here,
but for now, baud rate settings are ignored.)

thanks
-- PMM