qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Questions regarding emulated UART in VersatilePB board

From: Ramy Sameh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Questions regarding emulated UART in VersatilePB board
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 20:33:51 +0200

Thanks Peter.

I have made a program to read a string from the UART, then write it again
to the UART.
I made a function to manipulate values in the pl011 registers (bit flipping
the flags inside the registers).
The target is to simulate hardware fault injection.

For each run of the program, I made a bit-flip in *only one flag* in *one
register*, and I observed the output of the program.

*My question is*: where to invoke the call of this fault injection function
to cause *the maximum effect* on the program's output?

*p.s.* I invoked it once inside pl011_read function, and the program gave a
certain output, and I invoked it again in pl011_update, and it gave another
output.
When I invoked the function in pl011_write, the faults injected had no
effect on the output of the program!

Do you have an explanation for this behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

--
Best Regards,
Ramy Sameh