qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qemu VGA endian swap low level drawing changes

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qemu VGA endian swap low level drawing changes
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 12:13:16 +0100

On 6 July 2014 12:08, Alexander Graf <address@hidden> wrote
> The guest's own acceleration can easily be non-linear, so we can't really
> tell. However, FWIW we basically have 2 modes
>
>   1) absolute pointing device (usb tablet for example or vmmouse)
>   2) relative pointing device
>
> In case 1, we can keep using the host cursor, and just tell the guest where
> exactly the cursor is in absolute coordinates. This works very well with VNC
> too ;).

Well, you *can* use the host cursor, but by default you should not
(ie you still need to hide the host cursor and rely on the guest displaying
its own pointer). You should also honour command line -show-cursor
which overrides this to say "don't hide host cursor". Our SDL and Cocoa
UIs get this right, GTK doesn't currently.

thanks
-- PMM