qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qemu VGA endian swap low level drawing changes

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qemu VGA endian swap low level drawing changes
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 10:08:42 +1000

On Mon, 2014-07-07 at 06:56 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> If we do it in the cirrus model itself, then we basically have to
> use the shadow pixmap always (can't ever share) and that means bringing
> back a pile of conversion functions to the VGA model that we were
> getting rid of (not hard ones but still, ie, 15, 16, 24 and 32bpp
> non-swapped to 32bpp) which is somewhat sad.

I've decided to go down that path. The added conversion functions
aren't big, it remains pretty clean and in fact it allows me to
neatly separate the functions between BE and LE framebuffers instead
of "swap" and "non-swap" which avoids one of the macro tricks I had
to do before.

Additionally, we are missing some pixel formats in some of the UIs
for my extended cases of surface sharing so I'll work on that too.

(I wonder if we should add a UI callback to verify if a pixel format
is supports for sharing ... for now I'll just add all the missing
ones to SDL 1 & 2, but somebody will have to look at spice).

Cheers,
Ben.