qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cirrus bugs vs endian: how two bugs cancel each other o

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cirrus bugs vs endian: how two bugs cancel each other out
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 10:01:14 +0200

  Hi,

> Why not make libspice mandatory?

spice needs to build and run on alot of platforms where it doesn't run
today.  So it isn't an option right now.  Which doesn't imply it will
never happen, but spice certainly needs some work before we can
seriously discuss that.

Make spice work on bigendian is probably the biggest part of it.  But
also make spice-server build on windows.  Add opus audio codec support
so we can make celt051 a build time option instead of a hard dependency.
 Probably a bunch of minor portability issues.

cheers,
  Gerd