qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Running QEMU on FreeBSD

From: Bartosz Fabianowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Running QEMU on FreeBSD
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 23:58:14 +0200

I even put in code to use the if_tap interface, but so far it's untested.

It's all in CVS already ;). There was a set of patches posted in March
and then updated in April I think that got committed recently. It was in
the list's archive, but for some reason the archive vanished this morning.

Does the version in CVS offer much more than the 0.5.5 I downloaded and built from?

It has most FreeBSD patches built in. It has some bug fixes. It allows
you to install FreeBSD inside QEMU. Quite cool.

And one of the things I am interested in doing is having a working OS/2 on my P4 laptop (OS/2 doesn't install on it) and maybe booting the XP partition from FreeBSD.

XP works inside QEMU, I can confirm that. But some of the Windows
updates didn't want to install. No clue why. Another problem is that
because there is no long double type in FreeBSD yet, the FPU emulation
is a bit hackish and you get stuff like this:

http://www.fabianowski.de/long_double.png

Best regards,
- Bartosz Fabianowski