qemacs-devel

Re: [Qemacs-devel] Sh syntax coloring patch

From: Charles Gordon
Subject: Re: [Qemacs-devel] Sh syntax coloring patch
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 22:33:33 +0200

> On 28 Mar 2017, at 22:15, Hadrien Lacour <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 08:51:49AM +0200, Charles Gordon wrote:
>>
>> Regarding your ncurses issue: qemacs does not use ncurses, it only supports
>> selected terminals
>> with hard-coded ANSI VT100 escape sequences for both the shell buffer
>> terminal emulator
>> and for the actual terminal output.
>>
>> I assume you use the default colors..
>> I personally don’t like the default emacs color scheme, and will probably
>> switch to a different one
>> by default.This will make it easier to discuss color issues.
> I have nothing against the default theme (just set the default to #aaaaaa).
>
>> Do the colors show correctly in X11 and not in terminal windows?
> Yes and no. See https://files.catbox.moe/bji5aw.png
>
>> Which Linux distribution and which terminal emulator do you use?
> Gentoo and st.
>
>> What is the value of the TERM environment variable?
> st-256-color

I have never used this terminal, it might not be 100% compatible with qemacs
defaults.
Can you try running this:

TERM=cygwin qe ereader-manga-convert.sh

If the colors show with this, I shall have a patch ready quickly.

> By the way, I just noticed that resizing the terminal emulator completely
> fucks up qe -nw.

This bug is on my list.  Just hit ^L to refresh the screen when this happens.

Chqrlie.