qemacs-devel

Re: [Qemacs-devel] Config file questions

From: Charles Gordon
Subject: Re: [Qemacs-devel] Config file questions
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 00:26:44 +0100

Hi Hadrien,

Scripting support is flaky at the moment, I am still investigating various
options for the scripting language.
Still I am surprised `set_tab_width(4)` does not work, did you end your config
lines with a semicolon?

I currently have this content in my ~/.qerc file:

// Tab-width is now more commonly set to 4
set_tab_width(8);
indent_tabs_mode = 0;
indent_width = 4;

And it works for me.

Note that qemacs loads ~/.qe/config at startup and it loads all .qerc files
found in any of the parent directories of any file it loads into a buffer.
.qerc files are loaded in hierarchical order, from the root directory down to
the the directory of the current file.  You can put a .qerc file in the main
directory of a project to set project-wide default values.

The current version has some shortcomings you might find problematic:

- long lines in the process buffer cause erratic display
- file times are not checked after the initial load: qemacs does not detect if
a file loaded in a buffer is modified on disk asynchronously.
- yanking more than 4K into the process buffer for input may cause a crash

Which version of emacs are you familiar with?
I am interested to hear your feedback.

Chqrlie.