pyatcron-devel-list

RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Task list in the main window

From: Julien Olivier
Subject: RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Task list in the main window
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:22:43 +0000

> I see, gotcha!

Wow, I hardly understood what I wrote, but you got it. Amazing :)

> That sounds like a good plan.

Yes, and I forgot to add that it's even possible to load the wanted
widget from an external glade file, which should be provided with the
plugins.

> I was wondering why it wasn't centering on the parent.  I will make a
> note of that.  Thanks.

It took me 1 year to understand this :)

> Your right there, I won't learn it if I don't use it, but I am
> definitely not yet to the point of creating the interfaces that we will
> be using.  I have learned a lot in the past couple days by taking your
> mockups and playing with them, and looking over your code.  I like this,
> because I get to see how it is done, and then I can play with adding
> modifications.  Before we started yesterday I didn't know anything about
> the TreeView widget and after trying to get the "grey-ed" out option
> working, I am very well versed in it.  So this method of exploring it
> after you get it working, works really well for me.

Cool. I'll make the foundations and you'll build on it. I like it :)

> That works for me, I will try and start working on it this evening.  I
> may have some questions, as I am new to OO programming as well.  :-)
> Don't you just love newbie's.

Well, in this case we are 2. I'm also (almost) a beginner in OO
programming as I used to program in C most of the time. But I have some
C++ basis anyway.

> Go ahead and work on the interfaces, and I will play with them once you
> are done, and learn them.  I will go ahead and start the PyAtCronTask
> class.

Great.

> If no one else is an artist (not that I am), I will do some work with
> logo.

He he ! I'm curious to see that :)

--
Julien Olivier <address@hidden>