pspp-dev

Re: release candidate 5 available--now passes on FC4

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: release candidate 5 available--now passes on FC4
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 19:17:37 -0700

"Marshall DeBerry" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm still somewhat "bugged" by the Solaris 9 quirkiness--I believe you're
> right that it is probably some strange interaction between the OS and maybe
> that version of gcc.  I may see if I can get access to a more current
> version of gcc.

Even if it's a strange interaction that causes it, it's still
likely our bug.  For example, we could be accessing a buffer
that's already been freed, with the layout of allocated memory
differing from one version of libc to another, so that the bug
only manifesting in Solaris 9.

But if you can track it down, that's super.
--
"I admire him, I frankly confess it; and when his time comes
 I shall buy a piece of the rope for a keepsake."