pspp-dev

RE: release candidate 5 available--now passes on FC4

From: Marshall DeBerry
Subject: RE: release candidate 5 available--now passes on FC4
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 20:44:33 -0400

Ben, your update to big-input-2.sh did the trick--it now passes all tests
under Fedora Core 4.

Also, I have gotten a response from Apple requesting more information for
the bug in the pow30 routine, so I have given them the URL to the rc4
candidate for downloading (they wanted the entire pfm-write.c routine, and
the flags used to compile it, so I thought it would be easier to just
download it, type configure and then make--let's see what their response
is).

I'm still somewhat "bugged" by the Solaris 9 quirkiness--I believe you're
right that it is probably some strange interaction between the OS and maybe
that version of gcc.  I may see if I can get access to a more current
version of gcc.

Marshall