pspp-dev

Postscipt embedding

From: John Darrington
Subject: Postscipt embedding
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:58:46 +0800

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 06:18:24PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     > Let me know if you want help doing #2 or #3.

     Thanks.  I think I can handle #2; definitely the PostScript part,
     but I haven't looked at related code yet.

There might be a complication here.  The latest version of libplot
contains a bug which causes it to generate invalid postscript.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-utils/2003-12/msg00023.html

I guess we can write a work-around which mutates the output stream as
it's produced.

It's a bit of a let down that the libplot maintainers still haven't
applied this patch 18 months after it was contributed.  Libplot also
suffers from a lot of memory leaks.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3