[Protux-devel] Threaded PeakBuilding

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Protux-devel] Threaded PeakBuilding
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:54:55 +0200

Hi all,

I uploaded the first implementation of a threaded PeakBuild class. It's not
completely working as expected, sometimes the build "hangs", but I don't know
if this has something to to with the PeakBuildThread or not.
Please, give it a test and give me some feedback. When it fails I mostly get
an Xlib error bij de weg.

My monitor has much 'flicker' when the TA/TPA is painted. I searched a lot
through the code and documentation of Qt, but didn't find a solution.
(Setting drawArea to PixMap(BestOptimization); didn't work :-( ) If you have
any suggestions, they are very welcome!

I found some 'recreate()' calls which were not necessary (causing everything
painted twice, or three times instead of one). If you get some black screens,
then I must have been somewhat to enthusiastic removing those calls, please
forgive me ;-)

This code in Song is creating some problems:
else if (actionName == "WORK ON NEXT EDGE")
                        {
                        long long w = 999999999999; // almost 1 trillion

gcc aborts compiling with this error: integer constant is too large for "long"
type.
What can I do to avoid this error?

Last but not least, recording segfaults (mentioned that in a previous mail).
Try to see if I can fix that tomorrow.

Ehm, Luciano, if there are things which are high on the priority list, just
let me know. (Where is the TODO list, and "who is working on what" list?)
Oh, sorry I just found it, but maybe we should make more use of it? :-)

Happy coding,

Remon