Re: [Protux-devel] Crossfade regions

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Crossfade regions
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 22:28:51 +0200

Op donderdag 26 juni 2003 22:09, schreef Luciano Giordana:
> On Thursday 26 June 2003 10:57 am, Remon Sijrier wrote:
> > While testing my <<drag>> fix, I encountered another problem.
> >
> > Crossfade regions are checked and painted only for the right region of an
> > audioClip.
> > If someone moves a clip onto anohter clip, and the clip crosses at right
> > AND left, rCrossX is again causing ppos to exceed the size of the
> > peakBuffer.
>
> crossfades now are just a drawing trick. We dont need to care about the
> left side, since the previous clip will care about the right side  WICH
> contains the left side of the referring clip.
>
> but maybe I didnt understand your point. Mind to provide details ?

Sorry, what I wanted to make clear, is that when an audioClip is moved in a
way it is completely covered by another clip, the program segfaults.
The segfault comes from a to high value returned for rCrossX (bigger then the
actual width of the clip), causing pointer (ppos) exceeding the size of the
array (peakBuffer).

And I'm still not able to commit :(
I'll send the files as attachments, so you can use the fix/optimization.

Remon