[Protux-devel] Re: Another fix

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: [Protux-devel] Re: Another fix
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:26:42 -0400

> Then the "goThread" is waited, but the listenerThread not?
No because the BusMonitor uses it.
The problem is that the Bus shouldnt be closed, until there is no more armed
track using it.
I didnt have time to check this, but surely I will before 0.18

> This  sometimes results in a pcm_hw_readi action while the bus is allready
> closed! (well, thats needs to be verified, but the segfault comes from the

this is the problem, it shouldnt be closed. Force stop does not close the bus,
or
should not, necessaryly close it.

> alsa lib, when excecuting the readi action)
>
> I solved it by:
>
> void Mixer::force_stop()
>         {
>         PENTER;
>         status=STOPPED;
>         if (goThread->running())
>                 goThread->wait();
>         if (listenerThread->running())
>               listenerThread->wait();

it is wrong, user might want to keep the busMonitor running, by not disarming
the track,
so listener should be keep running.

--
Best Regards