Re: [Protux-devel] howto rename mustuxlib-->libmustux question

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] howto rename mustuxlib-->libmustux question
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 23:08:22 +0200

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:35:50 +0200
Reinhard Amersberger <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Luciano,
>
> right now your old question comes back in my mind.
> I haven't contacted savannah support so far, but I think the easiest way to
> do this renaming is done by simply creating a new cvs Module called libmustux
> and copy all mustuxlib source files into this new module.
> Stupid idea???

I don't think we can copy the files (or at least without a shell access)...
we'll have to freeze commits, do a checkout, and then we can do a new initial
checkin of the project to the new cvs repository.
The problem is that the whole history will be lost. But it's still a good thing
to do, but we should keep the old repository at least for some time.

But perhaps there is a better way to do it while keeping the history, but for
this we should ask the savannah hackers, or any other cvs expert.

/Martin

--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Satellite - BAR CONCERTS CAFES-THEATRES
-> http://sat.epfl.ch