[Protux-devel] another ALSA mistery for Sherlock Holmes

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: [Protux-devel] another ALSA mistery for Sherlock Holmes
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 06:44:28 -0300

I have just figured something out..

I have a simple SBLive and a SB32 here , and I got 32 subdevices for SBLive and
8 for SB32.
So it is pretty clear that  subdevices are a internal stuff, and we dont have
to worry about this anymore. I also read
somewhere that it is used to allow different clients open the same ALSA device
. (dont ask me what I mean by "device" here, :-) )

We just have to understand the multichannel boards mistery. If it is really a
"super-stereo" approach (with more than 2 channels),
it will really require another revision of MustuxAudioDeviceMapper, as I said
last email.

Just a comment, is there a alternative to ALSA ? (hehe.. just kidding...)

--
Best Regards