[Protux-devel] Autostuff problems

From: Martin Herren
Subject: [Protux-devel] Autostuff problems
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:35:44 +0100

Hej,

i tried a small quoting change in autoconf.ac, and i obtained again the same
error as Luciano had (./configure execution errors)... but now i think i know
where the problems come from: quoting errors in mustux.m4 !
As a lot of quoting debugging has been made in the autotools as well, this
would explain why my scripts are so version dependent. I corrected many errors
in mustux.m4, but didn't commit anything yet. I'll do a line per line check to
control if everything is correct.
I should hand-in my diploma-project report tomorrow, so i shouldn't do
protux... but it is so much more fun !
I'll try to commit corrected autostuff this week-end (or even tomorrow
evening), and i hope that most problems will be fixed.

I'm really sorry for all the troubles related to my new autotool code...

/Martin

PS: i think it should work then with autoconf >= 1.50, and automake >= 1.5,
older version will probably not be supported

PS2: it helps to read the m4 manual to do autostuff ;-)
--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy:
->http://gnuwin.epfl.ch