Re: [Protux-devel] Problem compiling [lfs sys]

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Problem compiling [lfs sys]
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 11:21:05 +0100

On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 14:39:08 -0800 (PST)
dax wood <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>       I'd like to use this program but i keep running into compile errors.
>
> libmustux.so: undefined reference to `MustuxJogMouseBoard virtual
> table'
> libmustux.so: undefined reference to `MustuxTuner::QPaintDevice virtual
> table'
> libmustux.so: undefined reference to `MustuxLcd::QPaintDevice virtual
> table'
> libmustux.so: undefined reference to `MustuxTuner virtual table'
> libmustux.so: undefined reference to `MustuxLcd virtual table'
> libmustux.so: undefined reference to `MustuxJogMouseBoard::QPaintDevice
> virtual table'
>
> i use : make --version = 3.79.1
>       autoconf --version = 2.56
>       automake --version = 1.6.3
>
> i then tried :  make -f admin/Makefile.common
>               */ as sugested in an earlier mail to the list /*

Yes that's correct (this will soon be fixed, so this step won't be needed
anymore)

> and i get:
> #configure.in:104: error: m4_popdef: undefined macro: AC_Dest
> #autoconf/status.m4:844: AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
> #configure.in:104: the top level
> #autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
>
> then i tried :  make -f admin/Makefile.common
>                 /* with older versions of make && autoconf */
> and i get:
>  same message as above.

I use autoconf version 2.13 and automake version 1.5...
Once the autotool-stuff will be fixed, the user won't need to have any
autotools installed, he will just be able to run ./configure. In the meantime i
would try with older versions of autoconf/automake.

> any help with the autoconf error will greatly be apreciated:
>
> /* side note here i checked the libmustux.so for the symbols
>    and all is well. so im stumped. &&
>    configure script all ways never detects -lmustux
>    checking for mustux.h... no
>    checking for MustuxApplication in -lmustux... no
>    even though it is installed ---that is wierd
>  */

Yes, current check for mustux.h and libmustux.so is not reliable, will be fixed
soon (with the rest of the autotool problems).
But that doesn't mean that mustux isn installed...

/Martin

--
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy
http://gnuwin.epfl.ch

Martin Herren                             +41 (0)79 746 57 83
OpenPGP Public key @ http://www.on-the-web.ch/sputnik/gpg.asc