playogg-discuss

Re: [playogg-discuss] Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Ask YouTube for Ogg suppor

From: Jeff Shippen
Subject: Re: [playogg-discuss] Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Ask YouTube for Ogg support!
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 12:47:00 -0800

Lets not forget, competition plays a big role in getting the big players
to submit to user demands.  I typed in http://oggtube.com to see if
anything was there, and wow, what an exciting site for open source
community.

I watched Lady Gaga - Poker Face. Sound quality was crackly though.

Watched a video from the retro section, and sound quality seemed fine.
http://oggtv.com/OLDSCHOOL_BANK1/VIDEO4/address@hidden

I don't know that you can really call this site a competitor to youtube,
since you can not upload your own videos, and I haven't been able to
find a search feature either.  It's more of a stumble upon for the videos.

It does have HTML 5 and Ogg support, also, some Linux and Open Source
publicity on the home page.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even with the shortcomings, it
has quite a potential.  Seems to be a nice site if you want to watch
popular music videos.

Jeff Shippen