playogg-discuss

Re: [playogg-discuss] Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Ask YouTube for Ogg suppor

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [playogg-discuss] Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Ask YouTube for Ogg support!
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 18:08:05 +0100

Il giorno Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:30:04 -0500
Ted Smith <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> Are there other petitions that just mention HTML5 or h.264? Looking at
> the polls from that link it seems absurd for Google to claim that
> h.264 satisfies the demands - all the polls, even the ones Google has
> closed, name Ogg explicitly.

Vimeo.com says they are "forced" to use h264 because:

"The simple fact is right now h264 allows us the most flexibility to
display on many devices and many players with the same file. When that
changes, so will we."

http://vimeo.com/blog:268

Check the table here:
http://diveintohtml5.org/video.html#what-works

In order to persuade video sharing websites to use Ogg, I guess we
need Safari,iPhone and Android to support Ogg.