Re: Win 32 GCC Development

From: Kenneth Gangstoe
Subject: Re: Win 32 GCC Development
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:47:36 +0200

I have compiled Pingus for win32 today, with full gettext and music support.
Changes have been commited to CVS. To compile it under Windows, you need the
gettext libraries. They can be downloaded from clanlib.org - they are now
included in the updated Windows External Libraries packages (warning, quite
huge).

I haven't updated the DevStudio workspace as I'm using VC7, and it uses a
different format than the one in CVS. Would be nice if someone with VC6
could try to compile it and update the dsw/dsp files as neccessary.

You can download the binary from:
http://dark.x.dtu.dk/~sphair/pingus.exe

To get it localized, you need to set the environment variable LC_MESSAGE to
the language of choice, for example de_DE.

Note that this was based on the CVS version of Pingus, and therefore some
translations are borked because of some spelling fixes since 0.6.0.

Have fun,
Kenneth

Quoting Tacvek (address@hidden):