Re: Win 32 GCC Development

From: Björn Fischer
Subject: Re: Win 32 GCC Development
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:39:31 +0200

The Windows port was not dead, I kept it compiled regularly, but then it was
decided to rely on VC++ 7 features, I had to stop (as I'm only at 6).

Does it still compile with VC++ 7 only? I thought that I had corrected
the reaming issues with the help of a patch from someone else. If there
are errors with VC++ 6 you may post them to the list so that we may try
to fix them.

As I can remeber, VC++6 had problems with template support. This leaded to a problem in the Blitter implementation because there templates are used. I once made a workaround for this, which worked, but was very nasty in coding style. That's why it never came into the CVS version. If someone needs it, I can send the patch to the list again, just tell me...

The real problem is that I don't know of anyone who managed to get it
compiling with support for gettext on Windows so a Win32 wouldn't have
any translations. :-(

Yep, that was just the point... I've tried, but failed :-(((

Greetings

Björn