Re: Compiling cvs (was: Re: Windows Specific Fixes)

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Compiling cvs (was: Re: Windows Specific Fixes)
Date: 07 Oct 2002 02:17:57 +0200

David Philippi <address@hidden> writes:

> On Monday 07 October 2002 00:04, Tomas Blaha wrote:
>> No, I'm using SuSE 8.0 and my ld.so.conf is ok, but -L/usr/local/lib
>> missing in linking command. When I link pingus manualy, it works fine.
>
> Well no, if you ld.so.conf is ok you won't need -L/usr/local/lib. It's
> strange enough that Pingus has an -L/usr/lib.

You still need -L, ld.so.conf has nothing to do with it. The first is
the compiler library search path, the other is the runtime-search path
for libraries used by ld.so, both are different and can contain different
values.

The compiler path can be set via the variable LIBRARY_PATH, -L$PATH or
the gcc config files, the ld.so path via ld.so.conf or
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927