Re: Bombers stop in the air if they detonate

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Re: Bombers stop in the air if they detonate
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 00:43:28 +0100

On Friday 04 October 2002 11:42 am, you wrote:
> In that case, the solution I was thinking of was to copy part of the
> code for a Faller and adapt it for a Bomber.  I suppose you could look
> at a Bomber as a type of Faller.

I did a quick hack in order to experiment with this solution.  From a code
point of view it works very well.

However, the overall effect I am getting is that a falling Bomber hits the
ground or drowns before it explodes.  The reason is because by the time it
has fallen two-thirds of a screen (i.e. The entrance platform to the water
in Evil in the Dark), only 5 frames of the bomber has been done out of the
"15" frames.

I don't think reducing the number of frames for a bomber is the right
thing to do.  Other than that, I don't know what I should do about this.

Thanks,
Gervase.