Re: Pingu stuck and collision code

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Pingu stuck and collision code
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:27:08 +0200

On Monday 16 September 2002 02:08, Gervase Lam wrote:
> One thing I probably need to investigate if I were to do this, is what
> implications there are with PinguAction::WalkerUpdate() (previously
> Walker::Update()) calling set_action() to set a Pingu to a drowner or
> faller.  I think it should be OK as what would happen would be that the
> Bridger that was in walk mode would be forced out of being a Bridger by
> the set_action().  I think I might just code it and see what happens.

I guess it will be quite hard to find a case where a walking bridger would
change to a faller due to this change. In fact it'd be a bug if you find a
case since there should always be a bridge to stand on.
Trying to imagine a case where it'd change to a drown - there may be one:
What happens if you have:

X           X
XWWWWX  X = some wall   W = water
XXXXXXX

Now a digger, basher somehow mangages to destroy the ground below the water.
I don't suppose that the water will flow down and then it'd be possible for
a bridger to get into water/lava from below.

The real problem would probably be to prevent an opening below water since
this would look very stupid.

Bye David