RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Support for SQLite/php5

From: Dave Hall
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Support for SQLite/php5
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:29:34 +1100

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 13:24 +0100, Christian Boettger - Mailings wrote:

> > > most apps won't be a problem, some will be impossible without an
> > > "if(is_sqllite()" type hack... or kill performance alltogether.
> >
> > sqlite isn't aimed at major installs - but for a 1 or 3 user
> > install, it should be adequate.
>
> Sorry, but the effort involved in supporting sqlite in the code is exactly
> the same whether you want it for 3 users for for 3000 users... It either
> works or not.

I am not talking about the amount of work in supporting it.  I am
talking about the target market for it.  I for one would not use it in a
live environment, but on my laptop for doing development work it makes
sense.  Writing a driver is the same amount of work regardless of the
number of users

> I dislike very much the sqlite approach of not paying attention to data
> types and similar things. Not much better than M$ Access...

Anything has to be better than access ;)