Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Support for SQLite/php5

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Support for SQLite/php5
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:37:39 -0600

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:08:49 +1100, Dave Hall
<address@hidden> wrote:
> > INSERTs leaving cols out so that get defaults values doesn't work
>
> huh? not according to the docs -
> http://www.sambar.com/syshelp/sqlite/lang.htm#insert

I was reading their wiki, guess someone added the feature and didn't
respond on the wiki :)

if it can be added without affecting performance fo the other
database, go for it.  Easy enough to make a db class for it, it's
either going to work or it's not.

And as I've said before, I'm all for pulling the SQL statements to
their own classes where we have a "base" class that acheives what we
have now with the ability to override the base SQL with db specific
commands.  yes, it would be more to maintain but having a "sql
changes" mailing list would make it easier, but would allow for some
killer performance "out of the box".