Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Asking for advice

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Asking for advice
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:53:13 +1100

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 11:39 +0100, sigurdne wrote:
> The city of Trondheim in Norway has decided to implement (a prepared version
> of the proposed-0_9_18-branch) phpgroupware (the apps addressbook and
> property
> - and at a later stage: a probably slightly modified project) as part of
> their
> facilities management system.

proposed-18 is not a stable platform.  I have some alpha and beta code
to commit in the next day or so.  If you are willing to test it
regularly, great, but there is not guarantee that proposed-18 will go
anywhere.

> Phpgw is to be integrated with a (commercial) lease management system (BOEI)
> with a mssql database backend. The vendor of BOEI is also providing the
> support for phpgw - and wants primarily to set up the whole package in a
> windows environment.
> Can someone please give me some advise on pros and cons on windows vs. Linux
> as the webserver ?

I have played with winXP with apache2, it is ok, but i still prefer
apache1.3 on debian sarge :)

> If windows is ok - how about Apache (2.0.52) vs. IIS?

IIS? Is u InSane? ;)

Cheers

Dave