Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Asking for advice

From: Alan Oshry
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Asking for advice
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:31:10 -0500

Sigurd,

I use phpgroupware on my windows development box with Apache and have not had any cross platform issues.

As long as you have your Apache/php config files using windows environment paths and not linux paths you should be fine.

- Scibe

sigurdne wrote:

The city of Trondheim in Norway has decided to implement (a prepared version of the proposed-0_9_18-branch) phpgroupware (the apps addressbook and property - and at a later stage: a probably slightly modified project) as part of their facilities management system. Phpgw is to be integrated with a (commercial) lease management system (BOEI) with a mssql database backend. The vendor of BOEI is also providing the support for phpgw - and wants primarily to set up the whole package in a windows environment. Can someone please give me some advise on pros and cons on windows vs. Linux as the webserver ?

If windows is ok - how about Apache (2.0.52) vs. IIS?

Sigurd