RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Asking for advice

From: Kai Hofmann
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Asking for advice
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:54:35 +0100

Hi Sigurd,

> Can someone please give me some advise on pros and cons on
> windows vs. Linux as the webserver ?

Is it an inhouse system only? Or is it reachable from the Internet?

If it is inhouse only I would say windows is ok, but must reboot from
time to time (1 time a week/month).
Linux runs more stable and is better for security.
On windows the microsoft patches should be installed as soon as they are
available!
When they use MSSQL then using phpgw on windows too might made some things
simpler during setup
(unixodbc etc.).

> If windows is ok - how about Apache (2.0.52) vs. IIS?

This is simple: NEVER use IIS!

Greetings

  Kai

--
*****    Open Source und Linux im professionellen Einsatz    *****
**  komplexe Mailserver, Groupware, Office: sprechen Sie uns an **