RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] version milestones regarding addres sbook

From: Kai Hofmann
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] version milestones regarding addres sbook and calendar
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:51:53 +0200

Hi Geoff,

> For the immediate future, I would like to have at least basic
> addressbook/calendar access through a non-web interface
> before I make a
> system available to our customers.

Should be possible also via the IPC classes and XMLRPC.

> But these are read-only exports. As your development stands, it seems
> that the LDAP is in the middle of a major rewrite. I also saw a
> read/write iCal in the CVS development tree.

We here at probusiness have done a lot of stuff for the calendar etc.
But these stuff is mostly located in HEAD or in our pbGroupWare
(customized version of phpGroupWare) - which will hopefully
be released next week.

> - Do you plan to have external read/write capabilities to
> addressbook/calendar, and if so, when (version milestone) is
> it scheduled?

Maybe our SyncML stuff might do something for you?
Synchronisation with calendar and Addressbook fors here for us,
and we are using it not only with PDAs, but also with Outlook and
some others.
One apprentice here has just finished his thesis, which has improved the
calendar synchronisation a lot.

> - What is the status of the xml-rpc interface? Is it considered
> experimental?

We are using it with Sync4j - and it works for us.

Feel free to contactus directly

 Greetings from Hannover/Germany

     Kai Hofmann / PowerStat

--
*****    Open Source und Linux im professionellen Einsatz    *****
**  komplexe Mailserver, Groupware, Office: sprechen Sie uns an **