Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Translators doc

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Translators doc
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 23:22:05 +1000

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 23:02, Thomas Viehmann wrote:

<snip />

> I'm sorry if my last message didn't stress enough that I'm not suggesting to
> change much (or possibly anything at all) of phpgroupware itself, it's only a
> thought about the process of actually translating stuff.
> In particular, my idea is generating the current style lang files or parsing
> the po files (once, namely when they're added) by hand if there are issues
> with php-gettext.

I think I may have jumped too soon.

Maybe we could offer an option within the translation tools to import a
po file.  This is just a *basic outline* of the logic of the script:

if($pofile)
{
        set_charset($_POST['charset']);
        $phrases = grab_all_en_lang entries()
        foreach($phrases as $phrase)
        {
                $translations[$phrase] = po_translate($phrase);
        }
        add_phrases($translations, $_POST['charset']);
}

Anyone want to code such a feature?

Cheers

Dave