Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Some good stuffs for phpgroupware

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Some good stuffs for phpgroupware
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:53:10 +0000 (GMT)

Chris Weiss <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dave Hall (address@hidden) wrote:
> > I think that for HEAD, NN <= 4 && IE < 5.5 compat js should be
> dropped.>
>
> can this be on a per template basis?

Not really.  I would support a simple text only tpl.

> There are still fools out
> there using
> the old stuff, some by force, others by ignorance, we can't lock
> them out of
> the whole thing.

By the time HEAD is released IE 5 will be 6 years old, Netscape 4.0 will
be 7 years old and 4.5 6 years old.  (Source
http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/history/browsers.htm ).  How long
should we support such flakey insecure, non standard compliant browsers?

We should make it clear now that we are moving to support DOM compliant
browsers.

Cheers

Dave