Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] re: 2 problems with 9.16

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] re: 2 problems with 9.16
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:59:36 +1000

Kevin Scott <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> Sending these to the list cuz there's no bug group for 9.16
> >> If this is premature let me know.
>
> >That is becuase it is still preRC, we will help where we can, but
> it is
> >not finished yet :)
>
> understood, I'd be happy with 9.14 it's just that the new sitemgr
> is too cool.

I had other reasons for upgrading my client's versions ... now i have to
port their hacked up version of sitemgr :(

> > freeBSD 4.6,php 4.2.2,pgsql 7.2.2, apache 1.26
>
> Sorry about the typo, should be
> apache+mod_ssl-1.3.26+2.8.10
> a little out of date, maybe I'll do a port upgrade today
>
> > Fresh install from cvs today 9.14.507
> > configured to use php4 sessions
> >
> > 1. link to Registration generates this error:
> > Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_var() in
> > /usr/local/www/data/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.sessions.inc.php
> on line 71
> >

> >The registration app is not currently maintained. I will look at it,
> >but no promises.
>
> Thanks, I'm not a php coder and I can't find any documention for
> get_var(). is this
> function unique to phpgw

get_var() is a phpgw function.  It makes things a lot easier for dealing
with register_globals=off.  btw I looked at registration yesterday, I
run register_globals=off in my dev environment now, and I have found it
needs some serious work to become 16 compliant.  Leave it with me, I
have decided to take the challenge.

Cheers

Dave